
We stayed up late last night to watch the results pour in from the polls. It was exciting and moving to witness this historical event take place. We had our children there in front of the television as well. Even though they may not remember being part of this great moment in history, we, as their parents will. Our children and grandchildren for years to come will read about the change that took place on November 4, 2008.
For us, it is not about race. Yes, it is historic that America has elected the first African-American president. We are proud to support Barack Obama and proud that he is African American. There is so much more meaning behind this presidential election. We have seen people come together over this campaign and election no matter their political affiliation or racial background. We are all ONE. One Nation Under God.
Senator McCain pledged his support to Obama and encouraged his supporters to do the same. What an honorable act. It's not about the person, it's about the TEAM, the Country, the Whole, not the part. I commend Senator McCain for his leadership and amazing example despite the unfavorable results.. He is still going to be a driving force and supporter of the building up of America.
Barack Obama's words were sobering and focused in his speech last night in Chicago. We have a long road ahead. The solution may not come in one year or one term but we will get there. McCain said, we are not quitters. We do not give up. I feel this renewed energy to unite as American citizens. To roll up our sleeves and put our shoulders to the wheel... push along! We as a people have spoken and now is the time to GO AND DO. I pray that we will. America needs us to stand up for what is right, true, praiseworthy and of good report.
I am proud to be an American!
1 comment:
I am proud to be an American, too. I'm excited and hopeful about what this new administration can do for our country. President Obama sounds wonderful to my ears!
Post a Comment