Suffice it to say, I was very anxious about my scheduled repeat C-section. I was nervous about the anesthesia, the birth, the recovery, and all the details pertaining to each.
We left our home at 5:45 am and left All of our children with (grandparents) John and Jackie. Daryl, Corey and Nicolas had a special sleep over the night before, at their house, so when we arrived with Spencer and Lilly they were still asleep. Spencer screamed for me at the top of his lungs and woke the entire house as we were leaving (note 5:45 am).
We arrived at the hospital and made our way to the Mother/Infant unit. This is a small community hospital of 10 beds in L&D. I have never been in a hospital this small before. And for two of my three day hospital stay, I was the ONLY patient on the floor. I was spoiled and very well taken care of.
After getting checked in, I was all dressed and ready to go for surgery. I was thinking happy thoughts and keeping my mind occupied and focused on the best part of this whole process, our son. When they wheeled me into the OR my CRNA noticed I was looking more and more anxious. He said, "Nicole, are you okay? I can see you are more anxious than before." At the start of his inquiry, I began to cry and could no longer hold back any tears or emotion. From that point on I felt like I was placed in the palm of the Master's hand. I was reassured by each member of the OR team that I would be okay and everyone was so generous with their concern for me and our baby.
The worst for me, the spinal insertion, went amazingly well. After that, I was more relaxed... still anxious but not so much. When I was completely under anesthesia, my doctor (miracle worker) began the laborious process to deliver our baby. This was my fourth c-section. I had A LOT of scar tissue and it took quite a bit of time to get to our baby. Skillfully, she made her way in and when I heard the beautiful cry of our son, I cried with relief. He was healthy and everything was going to be alright.
I said a prayer (one of many offered in that OR that day) thanking my Heavenly Father for one more opportunity to take part in the miracle of birth. One more precious moment to be the mother of yet another special spirit sent to us from the Lord. LIFE. What a wonderful gift.
For me, this birth was a beautiful experience - start to finish. Considering how anxious I was I could not have felt more peace than I did that day.
Lucas and I are home now. We are both doing great. He is the super star at home. Everyone wants to hold him, touch him, love him, kiss him. We love our Little Luke.
Lucas McKay Freeman
August 2, 2010
6 lbs. 10 oz.
20 in.
15 comments:
congrats on a healthy beautiful baby boy! i'm glad that everything went well with the delivery! wow--that is great that you were the only patient on the floor for a couple of days! take care of yourself--and hopefully you have a speedy recovery! i wish i could come and see you! we miss you all!
I am so glad that it went so well! Welcome little Luke unto the most wonderful loving family!
Congratulations!!!! You guys are going to pass us up. Whahoo. Lucas is beautiful, we are so happy for you.
Exactly what the world needs... More of the Freeman family! Congratulations. We love you all.
Congrats Freemans, he is so very cute. I'm glad everything went well and that you are enjoying your little man!
Congrats! I know how dr.'s and anxiety can be-I'm glad everyone took such good care of you and that all went well. Any kid would be lucky to land at the Freeman house! What a cutie! :)
He is so handsome! I'm glad you included so many pictures. What a perfect addition to your amazing family!
He is so handsome! I'm glad you included so many pictures. What a perfect addition to your amazing family!
Aww, this post brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations to all of you! Soren still talks about his preschool with Corey and Nic and how it was his favorite school. =)
Congratulations Nicole! What a cutie. I'm glad he came so smoothly! I hope you have a speedy recovery!
Congratulations Nicole! You have a wonderful family. Take care and recover quickly!
I am so glad that everything went okay!! You guys have such a beautiful family and we are honored to know you!!! I love the name Luke - what a cute addition!!!
You really have been blessed.
Luke is a lucky little baby to have an amazing family like yours.
Wow! You guys are such a beautiful family. Congratluations! I just hope someday I can be half as good a mom as you are and have a fraction of the patience!
Congratulations!
Post a Comment