Well... we are sick AGAIN! Ear infections and other viral messes. YUCK! I wish we could live in a bubble. Germ free. I think I saw a commercial once of people walking around in personal bubbles. That is what I want. My own family bubble - germ free, allergen free, infection free (sigh).
Also... I want to live on a hundred acres of land. I like solitude... as long as my family is with me. We have a family of 8 so, there is always someone to play with. I want to be able to send my children outside without the entire neighborhood knowing that we are out and then converging to my house. It's nice to know that people are not avoiding us like the plague but at times, I want them to.
We are using the flag which means when the flag is out, my kids can play and you are welcome to come over and play with us. But guess what!? The neighborhood kiddos STILL come over and ask to play when we are outside and our flag is NOT. I have been practicing my breathing techniques regularly to remain calm as I reply,"No. Our flag is not out." Today, the questioned was yelled from the neighboring yard,"Why are you outside if you can't play?"
Now, there's food for thought!
1 comment:
100 acres does sound nice. We have no backyard--and our front yard is on the corner so EVERYONE can see and hear when we are outside. Sometimes I wish I lived on Prince Edward Island like Anne of Green Gables.
Post a Comment