Darrel was called as the Bishop of our ward 9 days ago. It is all still fresh and new to us. The process of him receiving this calling has been a great experience for us as a couple and as a family. I think it's great. Individually, as a couple, and as a family we will learn a great deal about ourselves and be stretched in new ways. It's all part of the process and the plan.
I am throwing myself into primary. I need to have a calling. I need to serve. I need to work in the church. As the "Bishop's wife" I cried over the thought of not having a responsibility outside of visiting teaching. The Lord knows me and I continue to feel his awareness of me so, I am happily serving in the Primary.
Homeschool has begun. Twenty-three days into it and we're still adjusting to our "schedule". The children are doing well and as usual some days are better than others. That is just how it goes.
I will document our trip to Utah (eventually). It was a fantastic trip! some highlights were, Palmyra, the Brigham City Temple Open House, BYU, Temple Square, the Gibbs, the Wrides, and the Ricks. Next time we hope to stay longer and see more friends. I've decided that from now on when we travel we are traveling to see friends instead of places. Then as a bonus we'll take in a few sights along the way. My children and I created so many great memories. As my dear friend once said to me, "As a mother, I'm all about creating memories for my kids". That comment has really had an impact on me and I want to be a mother who is all about creating memories for her children. Here's to a great new year!
Our family theme for this school year is "JOY IN THE JOURNEY"
3 comments:
Congratulations!
You are doing great. :)
What a neat opportunity! Enjoy!
Congratulations to your family as having their dad Bishop! I hear you stopped by Saco recently and we missed you. I like to create memories for my kids to. What joy to think they will look back at their fond childhood memories. I'm thinking about doing my family blog private too. Miss you!
Post a Comment