Just for the record, I have dreamed of that bigger kitchen and unfortunately Katrina sweeps through everyday. I had to laugh at myself when I read it.
Anyone can do it. Cleaning and tidying your house is the simplest, least expensive way to make your home gleam. Anyone can do it. (Why doesn’t HGTV have more shows about house keeping?) It’s not the hardwood floors, expensive furnishings, or designer fabrics to make your home feel beautiful. Go ahead, girl, dream about that big house with the chef’s kitchen. If your current kitchen looks like Katrina, what on earth makes you think your chef’s kitchen won’t be a bigger version of the same catastrophe? More square footage and grand entryways won’t make it home-like. It’s the housekeeper, people. I say, let’s stop fantasizing about what we want all the time, and start making life pleasant with what we have. You would be surprised at how quickly your “need” for that additional square footage would diminish were you to begin to clean and care for the space you have. Whenever I start to feel down in the dumps about all the things I “don’t have,” the quickest cure is to hop up and start appreciating what I do have by caring for it. Scrub down the bathroom, re-arrange some furniture, hang those pictures in the hall, put on some music and a kettle for tea, and you have made a home.
- See more at: http://frugalfaye.com/2011/11/04/why-i-love-housekeeping/#sthash.rAC9VOwj.dpuf
2 comments:
very true!
This made me chuckle--especially since my Katrina-like kitchen was ignored for a good half hour today while I scoured the real-estate ads for a place with a bigger yard. :) Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment