Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Freeman Five



I haven't been too motivated to do much of anything lately.
We're expecting baby #5 and I feel like Mrs. Yuck.



One morning last week, I moaned as I approached the kitchen. I was not looking forward to eating, smelling, or touching anything in the kitchen but, I have four people in our house who depend on me for their meals and there's no getting around it. So, as I moaned my daughter says, "Mommy why you say... (and she moaned as I did)". We had not "officially" told the children about our newest addition. So I took a moment to explain that I was going to have a baby and that meant I would feel sick for a little bit. Immediately, she asked, "One baby or two?" I smiled and went on to explained that it's probably just one baby but we won't know for another couple of weeks. She thought for a moment and then her face lit up like a Christmas Tree and she asked," Can we have a baby girl?!" With the biggest smile I have seen, she exclaimed, "I want a baby GIRL!" and she started to dance around the room.

I am hoping for a baby girl too. Every girl needs a sister.

17 comments:

losing my needles said...

Congratualtions! Hope you are feeling better soon, (and I hope that it really is only one :) )

adventure knitter said...

congrats! hope you feel better!! you really do need a girl this time, every girl needs a sister.

Stacey Mom said...

Congrats Nicole, I'm excited for you! Hope you get feeling better, thats so cute about Daryl, i hope you do get a girl!

Julie Marie Winans said...

Congratulations Nicole, you are such a great mom! I hope you get a girl to help round out all those boys.

Jason and Jamie said...

Congratulations! That is exciting for you! I hope Daryl will have a sister--if not I'm sure you'll love another brother.

The Long Family said...

Oh my gosh! So exciting - congratulations! Hope the sickness passes soon though!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Wow, congratulations! Sisters are great, I hope you get your wish!

Elena said...

Congrats Nicole! I'll send you some girl vibes. When is your due date?

Emily Norby said...

You know, I really like the sound of "The Freeman Five". Congratluations!

Here's wishing you a speedy exit from the state of Nausea!

Fisher Family said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting. I remember wishing and praying for a sister myself. Hope your feeling not so sick real soon.

Amy said...

Congrats Nicole!! That is soo exciting! I hope you start feeling better. Pregnancy is so exhuasting especially with 4 little ones running around! If I can handle five kids I am sure you can! Good luck!!

Jen said...

Yay for you! I'm so happy to hear your exciting news! There seems to be a baby trend amongst my group of friends. I'll happily add you to the list of expectant moms. Congrats!

Mitzi said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! I hope you get a girl! I know I am not the best visiting teacher! But CALL me if you are just sick and need some help, I would be happy to come!!!

Amanda said...

Congrats!!! How exciting. When is your due date?
I'm due with my first little boy on Jan 2nd. Too fun.

Nanci said...

Congratulations! I hope that you feel better soon.

Aaron and Melissa said...

Wow! Number 5!!! If anyone can do it, it is you! You are a great mother. Hope you feel better soon!Other than the feeling sick, I hope everything is going well for you guys. How are things going for Darrel? Keep us updated!

Heidi Schulz said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Here's to hoping for another girl.