Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Paint


I have plenty of pictures to share as I have been preoccupied with painting the house. The before and after photos will be posted in a week. I took great advice from a friend (thanks Amber) to work at night while the kids are asleep. I am able to complete a whole room in a night. Last night was an exception. I had two kids wake up in the middle of my biggest project (the kitchen). So, to my dismay, this morning I woke up tired to an unfinished space. Very sad. Usually, I wake up tired to a beautiful, newly transformed space and I am completely satisfied with myself and my efforts. The first night I started, I really impressed Darrel. He was WOWed. I didn't intend to start painting that night and when He went to bed, the office was a rust color and when he woke up it was a soothing blue. He said, "You're a beast!" Thanks, Honey! I hope tonight is more productive and successful.

2 comments:

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

Nicole, sad about the kitchen!!! Are you staying up way way too late or a reasonable 1:00 a.m.? :) I wish I was there to tackle it. That sounds so fun to me. We miss you so much.

Nicole said...

I am staying up way way too late... 1:00 a.m. is reasonable? :)