Friday, September 4, 2009
Picture Day
It happens every time... I kill myself to get the kids ready... dressed, fed, napped and whatever else is needed to ensure that they are happy and in the best possible mood when it's time to smile for the camera. All the while, I work up a sweat, my hair is trash and I need a second shower. I said to myself, "Why am I doing this?" We arrived at the studio and the kids were doing okay. As soon as I let them out of the stroller they (mainly Corey and Nicolas, oh AND Spencer) we're all over the place. They were hopping around like kangaroos, climbing on the swival seats, playing with the props... and more. I thought I was going to lose my mind. Our photographer was very patient and great with the kids and I liked her. However, she wanted to do more and then more poses and the kids were THROUGH. I was DONE. I almost said to her,"You know what? I think we're done." I appreciated her diligence in trying to get as many shots as possible to produce a good selection but enough was enough. We straightway left the studio and headed for McDonald's. After I got some food in me, I felt a little better and the kids settled down a little too. When we returned to view the photos, I was certain they were no good because of how wiggly and uncooperative the kids were, I was pleasantly surprised. And the photo she captured of Daryl and Lilly (to be posted at a later date) made me cry right there in the store (it's because I am their mother and I am emotional at times). So after all the trauma and drama... I'm glad we had our picture taken today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your family photo on your blog page is the BEST! I love how the twins are folding their arms. Probably the only way they could keep still! And I think it is OK to cry at photos anytime :)
Nicole,
I miss your family sooooo much. Your picture is beautiful!!! All your worries paid off in the end. I love you all.
Love the picture Hermana! We got our pictures taken last week too - I could feel myself dripping as we were all seated for the camera - amazing what a workout taking family pictures is! I was glistening a little in the photo. Did you see the picture of my kids? They were done, it was funny.
Love you!
I love the new family picture! You have such a beautiful family. We miss you guys! Madison asked me yesterday why Daryl had to move so far away. . .
Post a Comment