
While I was getting ready for the day (aka in the shower) my four-year old, Corey, comes in and says,
"Mom, I'll be very careful... I'm making oatmeal for breakfast".
"Okay", I reply.
I'm almost finished and I really want to finish my 3 minutes of ME time. HOWEVER... when I emerge from the warm waters I can hear Corey coaching Nicolas on how to operate the microwave. I am hidden and out of sight and peeking to make sure it's only a microwave safe bowl and no utensils are included inside the household appliance. I also witness Corey happily eating his already self-made bowl of oatmeal at the table.
Nicolas inquires,
"Corey! What button do I push?"
"ONE!" Corey answers.
"Then What?" Nicolas continues.
"One again".
"Now what?"
"Start"
"Where is that?"
"Down!"
"Here?"
"No, down."
"Here?"
"Yes"
Suddenly, the microwave starts to cook the oatmeal. In exactly eleven seconds the microwave beeps and Nicolas proudly removes his oatmeal.
"This is going to be tasty!" He exclaims.
4 comments:
That was a great story! Your kids are showing their independence and cooking skills! I needed that little pick me up. You have some awesome kids.
I LOVE these moments. Independence is one lovely place to be. So cute!
You ought to be proud of those little guys. So independent and helpful!
That is too cute! I love when children can start to do things for themselves--even if it still requires supervision from the background.
Post a Comment