The kids were watching "A Troll in Central Park" this morning and the line,"Anything that's real starts with a dream" came from that movie. It caught my attention and I jotted it down.
Growing up, my dad built a blue barn that was larger than our house. I helped a little with the construction and raising of that barn. Maybe that is why I have a love for barns. I have wanted one of my very own ever since. While visiting the new area, I took the children on an adventure as we walked to the public library from where we were staying. On the way home, I decided to take a different way home. It was up a huge hill and I was pushing the quad stroller (I always enjoy a challenge). As we started to round the top of the hill, there it was, this beautiful red barn. It was being painted that day and for a moment, I remember pausing to daydream a bit... what if that was our barn...our house. I did not know then or even fathom that 6 months later that barn and that house would be ours. And I LOVE THEM BOTH!
7 comments:
A dream come true! How great for your family. Hopefully there will be more pictures coming :)
I read the title of this post and thought "Oooh! I like that!" and went to jot it down too :)
I can't wait to more pictures of your new barn and new home. How EXCITING!
Oh Nicole! That is so perfect and I love your barn. Maine seems so beautiful I would love to see it someday. I'm so happy for you!
Oops---so Jesse (Jetski) was signed in when I sent just posted that last comment. I'm sure he thinks your barn is pretty cool too, but I thought you might not recognize his blogger ID.
Happy winter--the snow looks fun!
Lisa, I was wandering who "Jetski" was. Especially since he/she responded as if they knew me personally (haha). When you're ready to visit we'll be here!
Nicole I love your barn! Now you need some chickens in your barn.
Post a Comment