Here are two thoughts I have been pondering today. Both are from President Joseph F. Smith.
"There can be no genuine happiness separate and apart from the home, and every effort made to sanctify and preserve its influence is uplifting to those who toil and sacrifice for its establishment... There is no happiness without service, and there is no greater service than that which converts the home into a divine institution, and which promotes and preserves family life."
( Gospel Doctrine, 5th ed. [1939], 300.)
"To do well those things which God ordained to be the common lot of all man kind, is the truest greatness. To be a successful father or a successful mother is greater than to be a successful general or a successful statesman. One is universal and eternal greatness, the other is ephemeral. "
( Gospel Doctrine, 5th ed. [1939], 285.)
Key words and phrases:
genuine happiness
home
Sanctify and preserve
toil and sacrifice
divine institution
promotes and preserves family life
service
successful
father
mother
universal
eternal
ephemeral
In addition, I have been pondering the word DILIGENT. I feel it to be a life process to master diligence in various aspects of my life.
1 comment:
Great thoughts Hermana. And with these in my head, I shall go ponder on my pillow now. Goodnight
Post a Comment