This year I turned 31! It's just a number. I can't say that I do or do not feel 30 something. What is 30 something suppose to feel like? Well, I can tell you what I was feeling prior to my birthday. Run down. Lately, I have been running on "E". I have neglected myself in many ways by putting the little ones and the big one first. I haven't quite learned how to take care of me like I am suppose to. I am working on it.
Many veteran mothers have told me exactly what to do and yet each day passes and I am still doing the same thing and still NOT doing the same things. Well, the Lord knew of course that I was running on fumes and needed a boost. So, he put a bug in my husband's ear. This is really big because my husband does NOT celebrate birthdays and anniversaries like I do. I look forward to it and plan for it as if it was a national holiday. To him, it's just another day. Usually I get a "Happy Birthday" wish with a smile. "Thanks, Honey". But this year...he really pulled through for me.
Homemade Birthday card from the kids
Breakfast (that he made)
Lunch with my daughter, mom, sister and two nieces at the Cheesecake Factory
Dinner (that he made)
Red Velvet Cake (my absolute FAVORITE - he asked my neighbor to make it and she is Super Better Crocker)
Pink Roses and
A CARD!
I emphasize the card because this is so unlike him. It is the one thing that I plead for each year. A simple card to express his love for me. Homemade cards are even encouraged.
That was my birthday. I felt loved and appreciated. I felt special for a day.
Thank you, Darrel. I love you.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday! It was all SO deserved, Nicole. I admire all you do for those around you--especially because you manage to keep a smile on your face through it all!
Happy Birthday and what a great one!!! Way to go Darrel!!!!!
Happy Birthday! I think you need more than one day of celebration, I can only imagine where you are right now, and I only have half as many kids as you.
Wow! He really prepared and put a lot of thought into everything. I think that sometimes they (men) think about doing nice things but they just don't always know how to go about it. So glad to hear that Darrel made your day. Happy Birthday to you!!!
Yay for Darrel! I'm so glad he made your day so special. I think i've been neglecting myself lately too. Too bad we don't live closer we could meet for a pedicure or something.
Happy Birthday! Well, belated! You are so wonderful! FYI- even if you have been running on empty, you look wonderful!
Post a Comment