Monday, April 21, 2008

Laundry



I'm going to write a book (one day). It's going to be The Tricks of the Trade - Motherhood. I figure, I have four kids under four, I could become an expert on child-rearing (LOL). On a particular day, I was trying to accomplish some much needed house work. Mainly in the area of laundry. Oh, the laundry, how it piles up so quickly. The problem I have is keeping an eye on the kiddies while I fold and put away the laundry.



I have tried folding in their space (why I don't know). That did not work because my neatly folded piles were only knocked over, run over and destroyed by those who were doing what they do best - playing! I have tried to fold in the Laundry Room where certain hazards exist. That did not work because the party is of course where ever I am. Other times when I have tried to fold in the laundry room and the kids "play" elsewhere, they get into things, like my food pantry, or "wash" dishes at the kitchen sink only to bathe themselves and soak the floor, or pull the rods out of the wall from pulling, hanging and hiding in the draperies. And there are other stories, I know you have them too.



Anyway, I can't take credit for this one, the kids came up with it on their own. Why not give them the laundry baskets to play in? This was a fun game that they played long enough for me to make a dent in the mountain of pants, shirts, pajamas, socks and underwear. It was great! My theme for 2008 has been SIMPLIFY and you know what? It works.

No comments: