Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holiday Decor and Memories




Here was our festive Christmas Tree. The kids decorated it with their homemade ornaments that they made this year along with our snowmen from last year. I put the lights on first and after the first day, Spencer was un-stringing the lights. I LOVE having a fireplace! I would love it even more if it actually worked. Christmas is my favorite time of year. We celebrate the birth of Christ and I have such fond memories from my childhood. My Grandma Mary seems to be at the center of those fond memories. Every year she gave each grandchild a Tootsie roll filled with coins. She had the best food in town and I loved her Kale and Sauerkraut. The family was all together and amidst the occasional argument there was a lot of laughter, hugs and kisses.

P.S. I'm not sure why I didn't put the vacuum away before taking the picture. It is out so often that I just think of it as part of the room.

No comments: