Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's white, fluffy and delightful!





This was a while back, at the start of September when I met a lady at the Children's Museum. She was with her daughter who was the same age as Daryl. She made the comment that the reason why she moved to Maine was because she loved the snow. Then she exclaimed, "I don't understand why people complain about the snow...it's MAINE!" I had not experienced a Maine winter so, I couldn't fully appreciate her sentiments but thus far, I will say that I love the snow too. After church today, we drove around our winter wonderland and it was a sight to behold. The trees were laden with snow and the fields were white with the pines as a beautiful backdrop. We drove out to the ocean and the tide was all the way in crashing up against the rocks! I LOVE it here! The surfers were out and it was just cool to see the water so high, the snow still on the rocks, the road and on the roof tops. This has been a great winter so far. Now, I know that I don't want to experience an ice storm which Darrel had the pleasure of seeing when he came to UNE for his interview last December. That caused a huge power outage for several days. We do not have a generator and being able to see my breath inside my house does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. So, let's keep going with the white fluffy stuff and stay away from the wet, freezing stuff.

2 comments:

Jason and Jamie said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas--i'm sure your children were so much fun to watch opening presents--the snow looks beautiful. My girls were sad to miss all of the snow here in Maryland as we were in utah and when we got back it's too icy to be fun. . . .

ESN said...

I love your attitude. What a great thing to really appriciate the snow. I love it too, but I sure don't miss it when it's gone.
I've experienced ice-storms. They are as scary as you have described. No power for days at a time and REALLY cold. Nothing goes bad in the fridge though. ;)