Sunday, October 23, 2011

calm - kälm (verb) - a state of tranquility

I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God Answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my request,
Or send some answer far more blest.

As a boy in the Aaronic Priesthood, President Ezra Taft Benson learned this little poem about prayer.
I am working on the verse that reads," And so I pray and calmly wait."
calm - kälm - a state of tranquility
calm·ly adverb - free from agitation, excitement, or disturbance
(not there yet)

However, this talk from Elder J. Devn Cornish in the October 2011 General Conference gives me perspective and direction that brings me closer to that state of tranquility.

No comments: