Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday, Monday, Monday...

Hmmm... it's Monday. We had a great weekend. The weather has been beautiful here! Saturday and Sunday were in the 80's. We went to the beach yesterday and the kids actually got in the water. They were in their clothes because we intended to walk on the beach but with four kids who LOVE the ocean water, it's hard to prevent them from going in the water on a beautiful day. The water wasn't even that cold.

It was a moment for me to exercise living in the moment. Not to think about the past or the future but to enjoy where my feet were at that very moment. In this case, they were in the sand. I was holding Lucas in my arms and he fell asleep for a little bit. It was a wonderful Sunday afternoon as I watched our four children play together in the sand and water, hold my sleeping baby with his arms wrapped around my neck and watch my husband spend some one on one time with Spencer as they tossed the frisbee and walked down the beach together.

What is on tap for today. NOTHING. Before Darrel leaves for work he always asks me what my plans are for the day. Today, I am staying home. I need to do some organizing and prioritizing. My goal is to take as little as possible when we move. So, really I do have SOMETHING planned for today but compared to what I usually do in one day - it's NOTHING.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Did I miss an announcement about an impending more or are you just preparing for a move sometime in the future?

Nicole said...

Jen, yes, we are moving! Darrel graduates in THREE weeks and begins working FOR REAL in December. We don't know exactly when we are moving but it will be before the end of December. Very exciting!