Thursday, July 5, 2012
Pulling Weeds and Raising Kids
This morning after Tee Ball, we came home and pulled weeds in our large flower garden. At some point in my past I must have uttered the words, "One day I want a large flower garden" because thanks to the previous owners, we have one. It's great to have six helping hands around the house. It really makes the work enjoyable when you are pulling weeds along side of someone you can laugh, talk and tell stories to. That's exactly what the kids did. It was a great family project for the day. I really cherish these times with my kids. When I think about how I want to raise my kids, a moment like today illustrates my utmost desires. I hope we have more days like this. Now, it's off to the Slip -n- Slide!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
it's raining today, but pulling weeds is on my list, I just made another chore list for the back yard. good job hermana
We just pulled weeds in the garden yesterday. We had fun, but it was a challenge to get everyone motivated. They learned weeding is hard work. To get them motivated they bought some matchbox cars and weeded some roads. Miss you guys!!
Sounds much more fun then when we had to pull weeds and string beans from the vegetable garden :)
Post a Comment