Thursday, July 5, 2012
Sap Cookies
For four weeks Daryl has been making Molasses cookies (or Sap cookies as she calls them). We made them together the first time. I watched her the second time and let her loose by the third time. When I felt confident in her abilities I gave her the freedom to make the recipe anytime she wanted. As a result we have had cookies at least two, three or four times a week.
Well, today she could not find her recipe and without a second thought she said, "Or I could make them from memory" and SHE DID! The cookies turned out great. I am so proud of her. It makes me feel good to know that she is learning a new skill and developing a talent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A girl after my own heart!! I LOVE molasses cookies. What a treat to have her making them so often.
CONGRATULATIONS DARYL!!!!! Auntie Lizzie is super proud of you!
Post a Comment