Monday, November 26, 2012

Make Them Count

“We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.”
 ― Neal A. Maxwell

  November 24 - I am grateful for my daughter. It was a Wednesday night when she was born.  She came three weeks early but was healthy and strong.  I was so excited to be a mother!  I was trilled to have a baby girl all dressed in pink.  It was a glorious moment for Darrel and I.  We held her, kissed her, softly spoke to her and cradled her in our arms.  A sweet blessing she has been to us. Eight years have passed.  We have watched her grow.  I can hardly believe that our tiny baby girl weighing in at 6 lbs. is now EIGHT!  When did that happen? Daryl is bright, energetic, compassionate, a born leader, and a true disciple. She has been preparing for her baptism day and was ready to enter the waters of baptism.  She is so eager to do what is right.  I am so proud of her. It was a special experience for all of us. I love you, Daryl. You are special girl!

November 25 - I am grateful that I had the opportunity to serve a full-time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. When I was 19, I attended a missionary fireside given by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. In that meeting I felt within my heart a desire to serve the Lord. It didn't make much sense in my mind at the time because I was dating someone and a mission was 2 years away. I recorded my feelings in my journal and reflected on them again and again. As things turned out, my relationship dissolved and two years later I served a Spanish-speaking mission in Tempe, Arizona. It was the best decision I made at that time in my life. It has been a large part of the foundation of my life choices since then.

November 26 - I am grateful for my dear friend Tiffanie. We were mission companions for a short time but long enough to weld a friendship that has endured. It has been a blessing to have her as my friend as we have raised our families and experienced the ups and downs or motherhood. She listens to me and she gives me the opportunity to listen to her. When I need a lifeline, Tiff is there for me. When I want to rejoice, Tiff is there for me. What a comfort to know that when you need someone, they are there.

No comments: