Sunday, February 3, 2008

You had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!









































Wow, talk about a blur! It isn't all a blur but it has gone by pretty fast. Now that I have Spencer to care for as an infant, I really don't know how we did TWO!? It was a very busy time...still is. I had someone ask me if I would have another set of twins. Those who know me already know the answer to that question. "Yes". Call me crazy but, life is work. I came here to work and look at the reward. Who would pass up the opportunity to raise these kids? Not me. The blessings and benefits far outweigh any of the drawbacks, if you can even call them drawbacks. I am a stronger woman today than I was three years ago. I have learned so much about myself and life that only through this experience of motherhood would I have learned. When it comes to my marriage, Darrel and I are more of a team. We have to be in order to make it. How grateful I am for covenants. We're in it to win it!!

We celebrated the boys birthday with Pizza, cupakes and balloons for everyone! There were no presents, no party guests outside of our immediate family of six and we had a blast. Simplicity is a beautiful thing. Here is Daryl, Nic and Corey on the safa with their balloons and below that is Nic and then Corey on their first birthday. We love you Corey. Love you Nic.

3 comments:

Elena said...

Thanks for posting this. You're right, it is hard work, but worth it!

Starley Family said...

You're so great! I can only imagine the "refining" experience twins can be but I am sure if I were to be so blessed I wouldn't want to change it for the world either. It's amazing how beautiful our children are and how they make our world's better than we could imagine.

The Long Family said...

Let's get together soon! I really miss you guys! And PS - you have the most beautiful children.