
Another great find... create a tradition to strengthen relationships with cousins who are living far away.
My sister lives in Frederick and while that is only less than an hour away, we still do not see one another as often as we would like. Our children don't get to spend as much time together as we would like either. So... we have instituted "CAMP COLE".
Camp Cole 2008 was a day camp (one day) and it was a success! The kids all sat around the "kid" table for breakfast a.k.a. waffles and orange juice. They ran around the house while I packed snacks for our surprise outing and then we made ourselves name tags. We traced each child's hand onto construction paper and wrote "CAMP COLE 2008" in the palm then made the hand print a necklace with some yarn and there you go!

We all piled into "Lucy Lou" our suburban and headed for the SCIENCE CENTER! Even though we frequent this establishment we have never been with the cousins so it was a whole new, glorious experience. The kids had a great time and so did we watching them explore together.
After returning home, we put the kids in their swim suites (it was 97 degrees outside) and let the kids play in the wading pool on the deck. My mom bought pizza and so we were set! The kids played themselves out! It was great. We also had a coloring session. I bought a Giant coloring book and new crayons (Back to School Sale) and we sat at the table coloring Diego - Animal Rescue pictures.
WHAT A FUN DAY!

Added Note: My Niece and Nephew call me Aunt Cole and that is where Camp Cole gets its name. Third week in July of every year. Next year we'll extend the fun to TWO days!
6 comments:
How fun! I am so going to copy, you. My kids are due for a good dose of fun, and I'm all for keeping it close to home :)
What fun!! My kids just spent the week at Grandma's doing the same sort of thing!
Hey Nicole... you have a beutiful family! I love how you are soo organized.
Yah!!! Cousins are the best. My greatest childhood memories have them in it. Since I don't have kids my sister is always nagging about he cousin issue. I say, yahoo for Camp Cole.
Camp Cole sounds like it was a lot of fun! What a great idea!
That is soo awesome nicole!! I would love to do something like that. All of my kids cousins live pretty close so we do stuff all the time. I love how you want to be the host though. You were always the life of the party!!
Post a Comment