
The last Sunday in May has become Daughter's Day. I read about this idea in the Family Fun magazine. This was our first year celebrating and it was a lot of fun. I choose two special things that Daryl loves. This year those two things were: a pink Rose and Marshmallows.

Several months ago I was experiencing one of "those" days. Darrel came home to find me pretty exhausted and otherwise depleted. He offered to run to the store for me and when he returned he came bouncing in with a red rose. That's all it took and my worries melted away. Daryl Cinnamon saw this great act of service and exclaimed, "Where is my flower?" She was pretty upset that she did not receive one as well. I sat down with her and said, "One day your husband will bring you a flower too." Some how that was enough and she smiled and went on her way. The next morning she awoke and the first thing she said was, "Mom, where is my husband?" "Is he going to bring me a flower?" I guess I have set the standard for my future son-in-law.
We read stories about Daughters and had pink frosted cupcakes with marshmallows on top. It was a fabulous day!
3 comments:
There is a children's book out there called Pinkalicious. It is very cute. It is not about being a daughter but it is definitely about cupcakes and the color pink.
What a great idea for daugther's and sons days! I'm sure your children love the days!
Yum, that cupcake looks delicious. I will have to keep those sort of comments in check or my son-in-laws will really be upset...
Post a Comment