I had looked on-line for fun things to do in Portland with kids and this came up on the list. My boys are obsessed with trains and I thought riding a real one would be the best thing ever for them. They did enjoy it but there were no squeals of excitement or joy. The were a little apprehensive at first but overall it was a great ride. I think Darrel and I were more concerned with keeping them inside the train and not having anyone fall out. The area we sat in was open on the sides so that you could see the sites. Portland is a beautiful coastal city. After the train ride there was a museum inside the warehouse and they loved that because there was a train table and retired trains that they could walk through. daryl loves that too. We pretended to be train conductors and passengers.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Narrow Guage Railroad
I had looked on-line for fun things to do in Portland with kids and this came up on the list. My boys are obsessed with trains and I thought riding a real one would be the best thing ever for them. They did enjoy it but there were no squeals of excitement or joy. The were a little apprehensive at first but overall it was a great ride. I think Darrel and I were more concerned with keeping them inside the train and not having anyone fall out. The area we sat in was open on the sides so that you could see the sites. Portland is a beautiful coastal city. After the train ride there was a museum inside the warehouse and they loved that because there was a train table and retired trains that they could walk through. daryl loves that too. We pretended to be train conductors and passengers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment