Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Connect Four



This morning has been a dream morning. Nothing fantastic or especially amazing has happened. Just LIFE. Good LIFE. I have been sorting, organizing, and boxing our possessions and the kids love to unpack the items I place in boxes. This morning Daryl pulled out the travel Connect Four game. This game has been in our home for at least four years and played maybe two times by my husband and I. I love board games of all types and have been "collecting" a few here and there even if we don't pull them out much. Needless to say I was apprehensive about letting kids "play" with this game. There are a lot of little pieces and I was sure that a few would get lost. However, I listened to that inner child and I said "yes, you can play with it". What happened from there? Daryl had fun making patterns with the red and black checkers and when she was finished and move on to a book, she passed it to Nicolas who thoroughly enjoyed placing the checkers in the slots and filling all the spaces. Corey watched tentatively and before long the two of them were sitting on the bed filling the spaces with checkers and just loving it. I did a rare thing and maybe this is why I said it has been a dream morning. I sat on the bed and just watched them. Well, I put Spencer down for a nap at the same time but I was being STILL and enjoying the sight I beheld before my eyes When Spencer fell asleep, Daryl then came and sat next to me and started to read a book. Soon Corey and Nicolas joined us for the good read and there we all were on the bed cuddled up together reading a good book. And right now, my three boys are all taking a nap and I get to record this dream of a morning.

Isn't life GREAT!

1 comment:

Tiffanie said...

Great job, Hermana. Love the story. I have had a few moments like that, moments when I'm truly content. They usually come when I'm enjoying the present moment. "Live in the present." - Pres. Monson