Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Morning Devotional/Eight Before Eight

Morning Devotional - Just a word about the MD... I have read about various families who have a morning devotional and it was great for them but I was not a fan. It just didn't resonate with me. AND... I did not witness it for myself so, it was hard to envision for my own family. Well... I was struggling with getting the day started and I was concerned about our success for school knowing that the morning did not have an "official" start and it was hard to jump right into school. I needed a way to transition. The MD concept came back to me and I said,"I'll give it a try". We started on August 9th and it has made a remarkable difference in our day. It has sort of... grounded us for the day.

Long story short, I am a fan of the MD.

Date: 23 August 2011
Music: Stand For The Right # 159
Prayer: Mom (each person has a day of the week assigned to them for prayers and other "special" things- Tuesday is Darrel but when he is not here, myself or one of the children fill in).
Family Motto
Scripture story: Old Testament Stories- Joseph's Brothers in Egypt (chapter 14)
Scripture Memorization: Moses 7:18 (we follow seminary Old Testament Scripture Mastery)
The Friend: The Lookout Girls (July 2011 p.16-17)
Review Schedule/Calendar:
Review Weather: 77* high 55* low Mostly Sunny
Breakfast and Books: Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder Chapter 4 CHRISTMAS


Morning 8B48

Make Bed
Get Dressed
Eat Breakfast
Brush Teeth
Wash Face
Drink 1 cup of water
Get out clothes for tomorrow and Pajamas for tonight and lay them on bed
Chore - We call it a "Quick Sweep"

Evening 8B48

Journal
Quick Sweep
Brush Teeth
Use the Bathroom
Bath
Put on Pajamas
Scriptures and Article of Faith
Prayers

1 comment:

Emily Norby said...

I pretty much want to move in with you, Nicole. I can only imagine how much time you spend planning and preparing all this great stuff that you do with your kids. The activities you've chosen to implement have such meaning and purpose. You are choosing to spend your time doing really worthwhile things, and I can't even express how inspiring you are. You make me want to be better!