Thursday, June 19, 2008

Eczema... AHHHHHH!

Eczema (from Greek έκζεμα) is a form of dermatitis, or inflammation of the upper layers of the skin. The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes which are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding. Areas of temporary skin discoloration may appear and are sometimes due to healed lesions, although scarring is rare.



We all have our challenges. Recently, Darrel asked me if I could choose another challenge or ailment to replace eczema, what would it be. After thinking about it, I decided that I'll stick with eczema. I don't know if I could bear something else but the Lord thinks I can handle this one. I have had it for as long as I can remember and all of my children have it to one degree or another. Baby Spencer has had a really bad outbreak that we just can't get under control. It's sad to see the little guy scratching his tummy and legs. I know how miserable it is. You just want it to go AWAY!!



At times I feel like a leper. My hands are especially bad right now and I wash them 100+ times a day between the 100+ diapers I am changing throughout the day which doesn't help. Oh well. We all have something. For any of you who battle this condition, you know that the cause is very obscure and it is almost impossible to pinpoint the cause. I had a friend in Arizona move her family to another state in hopes of the climate change to help her daughter's condition to improve. I think that I would do the same. Maybe we will if we don't find some type of relief.

No comments: