Mother's Day was May 11. Darrel worked Saturday and was going to work Sunday night which meant I would not see him very much that "special" weekend and I didn't. Saturday night when he came home, I was just about to go to bed and we exchanged a few words before our heads hit the pillow (typical). Sunday morning however, I arose early with the children and he lay fast asleep in bed (typical). I wasn't upset, I wasn't expecting anything like breakfast in bed or...anything. I have learned to not expect things like this because when they don't come - I get a little upset. So, back to the story, I had gone downstairs to fix the kids breakfast and quickly returned to the project I was determined to complete. When Darrel did awake, I was at the computer - deep into my control journal (see flylady.net). He kissed me on the cheek and greeted me with, "Happy Mother's Day". "Thank you" I quickly replied and returned my focus back to the computer screen. Again, I am not upset, simply focused. He then sat next to me and started to make small talk. All the while I am thinking, "Honey, not right now, I really want to finish my control journal and besides, it's my special day. Can I PLEASE have a moment to myself!" He continued to talk and started to act funny. saying random things and asking random questions and starring at me in a peculiar way. Now, I'm getting bugged. What does he want from me? After 5 -10 min. of wierdness from him and total "I'm ignoring you" from me, he asked, "Did you like your Mother's Day present?" I freeze in mid typing sentence. "What present?" I questioned. He thought I was joking. I was not. So, we walked downstairs together and sure enough, there on the dining room table were beautiful, pink Tulips in a vase WITH A CARD! I felt my heart sink. How SWEET and thoughtful of him! How rude of me! I was so preoccupied with my "important" project that I did not even notice the flowers. I quickly apologized and told him he was the best husband ever (because he is) and exclaimed how happy I was that he remembered me on Mother's Day.
5 comments:
Ahhhhh I love happy endings!
Ahh thats soo sweet Nicole! I love flowers!!
Nicole & Darrel,
You guys have a beautiful family! We miss those times with you in MD.
Dionne & Josh
Go Darrel! Love the new family pic, you guys are too cute.
I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day after all!
Post a Comment