We have read countless books about fire trucks. Most recently, Fireman Small by Wong Herbert Yee. On this particular day we went to a Children's Festival where booths were set up with information, games and crafts for the kids. I spotted the fire department's booth and upon leaving, I collected three fireman hats for each child. Well, it was a great idea to begin with but, they didn't want to take them off. So, I'm trying to strap them into their car seats and of course the bill of the hat is in the back so each time they put their head back the hat pops off. Corey screams, "Hat! Hat fall off!" and I am suppose to immediately place it back on his little head. I do, because I am an obedient mother and as soon as I crawl out of the back seat and stand erect again, he screams "Hat! Hat fall off!". I could see where this was going and I suggest that he take the hat off and hold it until we get out of the truck. "NOOO!" and the tears fall "I want hat! WAAAAAHHH!" (sigh) Once more I replace the hat and explain to him why it keeps coming off. In my head, I am preparing myself to hear him scream while I drive because this is the last time I going to put the hat on his head. Bless his heart, he sat in his car seat with his head forward for fifteen minutes until we reached our next destination. The hat stayed on.
2 comments:
That is hilarious Nicole!! So cute!!
Smart little guy, he knew to lean forward! Well, after several tries. The whole gang looks cute with their hats on together.
Post a Comment