Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Sound Of Music


Saturday, I was able to check off another item on my list of things to do in my my life. We obtained a piano. I begged my parents for piano lessons when I was between the ages of 12 and 14. My friend Anna played the piano and several other friends did and I wanted to play too. So, my wish came true. My parents found someone giving away a piano and that is what I got for Christmas that year along with lessons. It was great for the first six months and then basketball started to require more of my time. So, I would play more basketball and practice less piano. Well, guess which one won out? I have regretted it ever since. I don't regret my years immersed in basketball but I wish I would have found a way to do both (typical of me to try and squeeze one-more-thing into my life). So, I vowed that I would one day have a piano in my home and get back to playing no matter how basic it would be. Then, hoping that by having a piano in the home my children would have a desire to play. So far so good.

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

That's one item I still have to check off on my list. We have a keyboard but I don't feel like that counts. If you end up playing the piano anywhere close to how you play basketball, your family will be hearing some sweet music that's for sure.

Thompson said...

Yay, I got a shout out on the Freeman family blog, I've made it! Elijah's starting piano lessons next month... let's hope he has more talent (and dedication) then his mom. Miss you guys! What a great smile little Spencer has!