We bought a membership to the Maryland Science Center and it has been one of my BEST purchases to date. There is a room on the third floor that has a DOOR. Do you know what this means? Do you understand how much I LOVE this door? How much I LOVE this room?
We go to the third floor.
The door is opened for us to enter.
I wheel my kiddies into the room.
The door is closed behind us.
There is plenty of space for me to park the "Lil' Hummer" and then I let them loose.
They can freely run anywhere inside this room and there is no escaping! An employee stands watch at the door and no little people are allowed to leave without their adult. Yes, I still have to keep an eye on them but, the fear and anxiety of losing them in a public place is greatly diminished. My anxiety does heighten when school groups come and a million kids are racing around but, I try to go when it is slow. My kids love it here. They love the train table. They love, love, love, the water table and tube (that looks like the bank tube that always brings them lollipops). I thought that maybe my kids would tire of this room but we go almost every week and they still love it. Thanks to Dionne for taking me the first time three years ago. It was great then and so worth it now.
1 comment:
Dionne took me to the Science Center too, and we bought a membership after the visit. We have since let it expire, but it was fun while it lasted (especially during the winter). We love the kids room!
Post a Comment