Darrel and my mom brought the kids to the Hospital Sunday afternoon to pick us up and take us home. I had my back to the door when a knock came. As I turned around, I saw Darrel wheeling the kids in through the door. I had not seen any of them for three days and when I saw Spencer in the front right seat, he seemed soo BIG! I thought I would cry. My baby, was no longer the baby! After holding and caring for Lilly, who is such a pea pod, I saw my 18-month old and he was huge. Three days ago, he was my little pea pod.
All the kids were excited and they started with " Happy Mother's Day!" as they each handed me a special Mother's Day card that they each made at church earlier that day. What a treat!
Even though, we had no formal celebration or plans, this was a Mother's Day to remember and for years to come I will always think of Mother's Day differently. I was very happy to see all my children. I am grateful that the Lord has allowed me to mother five beautiful children. Getting them here, has been an emotional experience. Each are so precious and and a treasure.
Happy Belated Mother's Day to all women who value the proper nurture and care of God's children. May He bless each one of us.
1 comment:
What a sweet memory you will have of this day. Congratulations on your five beautiful children!
Post a Comment