.jpg)
First of all, I will start out by saying , "It's all going to be alright."
Until about an hour ago, I was feeling VERY overwhelmed. I can hardly move, I am trying to keep my feet up and I have four busy people running around the house, requesting food, drink and attention.
The morning started off with me trying to take a shower. I don't do it very often (that is take a shower when I am the only adult home). But, you know (to the moms out there) sometimes you have to. So, shower... when I get out, I listen for the kids... silence. Never a good sign. Then I hear a familiar sound that I can't seem to pin point.
I call downstairs, "What are you doing?"
The reply comes back,"nothing!" Another bad sign.
"I can hear something," I inform them.
"We are just making snow!" They return.
"With what?" I question.
Pause... the bad signs continue.
"Just our toys," they answer.
I think this through half a mila-second and as soon as I am presentable I go downstairs and I realize what the familiar sound is. Styrofoam!!! And yes it does make the PERFECT snow. How clever. Crumbled packing styrofoam all over the basement floor, dropped down from the main level. Then tracked throughout the playroom and a lovely trail from it's beginning place - the Living Room-where our dining room table is (use to be) boxed up. Another mess to clean on top of the mess that already existed from yesterday.
So, I know this makes NO sense but, the house can be a complete disaster as long as I am home. As soon I need to go away, I have to clean like no other and the house must be spotless. Well, I will be away for four days and I am trying to maintain a clean home so that when Wednesday comes I am not pressed to deep clean the entire house (which would be nearly impossible anyway). So, I felt overwhlemed because I CANNOT keep up. However, after a few meditative moments...deep breaths... proper perspective... I have come to terms with the fact that, I can not freak out over such nonsense.
Let it go, Nicole.
Get out the vacuum.
Clean it up.
Sit back in the chair.
Put your feet up.
REPEAT.
1 comment:
Oh, I've had that happen before. First time I didn't see it coming, but was vacuuming it up for weeks - I'd just keep finding more. I put new bookshelves in the front room - their packaging came with slices of styrofoam - I quickly put them from the package into the garbage. No mess this time, although the kids were begging to play karate. I'm such a party pooper! :)
Post a Comment