Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Reflections


It's hard to believe that at this time tomorrow I will have a new baby girl!

Daryl is off making cookies with a dear neighbor and friend, my three boys are happily eating snack at the kitchen table and I have a moment to reflect.

I am blessed with a pretty amazing husband. We went this morning for the amniocentesis. This is a procedure to check the lung maturity of our baby which tells the doctor that she has the green light to deliver our baby tomorrow morning. Having been through this process once already, I was not looking forward to it. It was stressful for me and for Darrel, as he had to watch me struggle to breathe deeply and not hyperventilate. When it was all said and done, the doctor was able to get the fluid needed for the lab and our baby was not harmed and I did not go into labor. Just a few tears and great coaching from my husband to calm my fears during the procedure.

Several nurses at the office continued to ask us, "Is this your first?" When we replied, "No. This is our fifth." It even shocked me to verbalize it. I have been blessed with four beautiful children. Daryl is so excited for her baby sister. Her prayers in Lilly's behalf are so sincere. Corey is such a softie. He is the first to share with Spencer when his little brother wants the same toy he is currently enjoying. Nic is rough and tough on the exterior but a sweet soul on the interior. He wants to be in my lap (what is left of it) and just enjoys alone time with mom. Spencer is still my sidekick. Wherever I go, he is sure to follow. He is such a joy to be around and as I watch him grow from baby to toddler, I think, "I just brought you home from the hospital!"

Last but not least, as my dear friend said today, "Tomorrow, Heaven will be in room room." Count your blessing, name them one by one. Count your many blessings and see what God hath Done.

10 comments:

Emily Norby said...

I kind of have a hard time believing you're about to meet #5, but on the other hand, I'm kind of not surprised at all. I can't think of a better home for a crew of little people.

Best of luck tomorrow!

Stacey Mom said...

Wow, I can't believe it! You are having your 5th. I remember having a conversation with you when our girls were 3 months old and you told me you wanted to have a big family. And now you're having your 5th! I'm so impressed with you and your growing family. This little girl will be so blessed to be in your home. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Jason and Jamie said...

I wish you all of the best tomorrow! I'm excited for you to have another girl-- you have such beautiful children and they will be great brothers and sisters to Lilly.

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'm excited to hear all about it!

Heidi Schulz said...

Congratulations Freeman family! Five kids? Nicole, with as organized and efficient as you are, you'll make five look easy!
Heidi

HailerStar said...

Prayers and well wishes for an easy delivery! Much Love and Happy Birthday to Lilly!

H.

Six Boy's Dad said...

Good luck. Can't wait to see her.

losing my needles said...

Good luck today!

MMW said...

Hello Ms. Freeman!

Thanks for stopping by Never Without.

congratulations on your new baby daughter. I hope you have a fantastic adaptation. It's been fun browsing through your blog - I always get excited about decorating a new home. All the best.

MMW

Rachel said...

You are so amazing. I don't know how you do it!