Thursday, July 16, 2009

Can't Get Enough of the Beach




So far they keep asking for more, "We want to go to the beach!" Fine with me.

Yesterday we were there for six hours. Lunch was in the cooler with a ton of snacks and they played and ate all day long.

One day last week I forgot to put sun screen on Daryl. She did not get burned but she got a pretty good "tan". I said to her,
"Oh Daryl, Mommy forgot to put sun screen on you and you got darker."
After coming home from the beach all day Daryl wanted to play with our neighbors because she saw that they were in the pool.
So, yesterday while in our neighbor's pool, Maddy asked,
"Daryl, why is your skin darker than mine?" Daryl replied," Because my mom forgot to put sunscreen on me."

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice! Wish we could be at the beach. Daryl is a cutie! And sunscreen...I wish my skin got darker, instead I get more spotted. Maybe one day all of my freckles will blend together and I will be one big freckle.

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

Hilarious! Laughed out lout at that one. Miss you guys. Wish I was there to help decorate, we'd stay up all night wouldn't we?

Katrina said...

Soooooo funny!! I can't believe you went to the beach for 6 hours with a baby. Although we did go for 3 hours the other day. Then home, straight to the bath, dinner and bed. Everyone was worn out. We've made the mistake before of skipping the bath. Sand everywhere. We are still finding sand in her bed.

Stacey Mom said...

Hilarious! Ella wants to know whats so funny.. I'm so excited that you guys are in Maine and it looks like you are really enjoying it

Jason and Jamie said...

The beach sounds like a lot of fun! It sounds like moving was quite the adventure! Hopefully you are getting more settled--not much longer until Darrel comes!

iamenough said...

That is so cute. I miss my little cutie pie niece. I'm happy they get to enjoy the beach whenever they want.

virg said...

Girl, you're just living it up in Maine! Going to the beach everyday. I'm glad your kids can play, play, play. Miss you.