Monday, July 27, 2009

Three Little Bakers






For Easter I bought these aprons and chef hats for the kids. At first they showed NO interest in them. Well, last Sunday, I pulled them out and said, "Hey who wants to make a cake?" The response was overwhelming, "ME!!" "I DO!" So I instructed them to put on their aprons and chef hats and they were ready to go. Before moving, I had also bought the kids their own set of measuring spoons and cups, a wooden spoon, a mixing bowl and spatulas. All this was in hopes of baking more with them. As a child I would daydream about being a mother and making cookies in the kitchen and baking with my kids. Well, here I am mother of five and the image in my mind is always "June Cleaverish". The actual experience was rather chaotic and somewhat frustrating at times as egg yolk is spilling onto the floor and trailed from the counter to the sink. However, when I looked at the pictures... I knew it was all worth it. And even now as I write about it, I have a good feeling inside. We'll do it again and I hope it becomes a Freeman family favorite past time.



I bought these cookie cutters from Wal.Mart and they have been so much fun. 101 things to do with cookie cutters. You'll see that Nicolas had started to eat his by the time I took his picture. I think his was a truck and a train. We then drizzled chocolate frosting over it and their creations were devoured within minutes. I was exhausted afterwards and was a bit embarrassed when my neighbor came over and the kitchen was still in a shambles because I decided to clean it "later".






1 comment:

Jen said...

I love everything about this post!