Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Bouncing Baby Boy!


Yesterday was our ultrasound to find out if we were having a girl or a boy and to check baby from head to toe. Darrel said we were having a boy and I said girl. When the Sonographer asked, "Are you ready, there's no going back?" We both replied with an enthusiastic YES. When she announced our baby was a boy and showed us the proof, I suddenly got giddy and then started to cry (just a little). It's really hard for me to control my emotions when I am pregnant. Darrel and I looked at each other and he gave me the - "See, I told you" look followed by a wink.

Our baby boy is 11 ounces and his little foot is about 1 cm long. He is healthy and we are happy. When we told the children our big news, we first asked them what they thought we were having. Daryl exclaimed GIRL! While Corey and Nicolas shouted BOY! After I revealed the result, Daryl questioned, "Why are we having another boy?" I am so glad that she has Lilly. Otherwise she might have burst into tears and cried, "It's NOT fair!"

The boys were overjoyed that they were getting another brother. My heart melted as I watched Nicolas and he just continued to smile as we talked more about our newest family member. I could see and feel pure happiness and joy. This is what life is all about. The joy of family. The happiness that comes from being together and experiencing this life together. Family is important. Elder M. Russell Ballard said, "What matters most is what last longest, and our families are for eternity."

6 comments:

Emily Norby said...

Thanks for sharing your excitement with us. I feel so happy for you guys!

ESN said...

YEA! I love boys!

Six Boy's Dad said...

Yay!

Julie Marie Winans said...

YEAH! Good for you guys!

Jason and Jamie said...

How exciting!

Nanci said...

That is wonderful. Hooray for the whole family.