I took the kids bowling. A week prior, DC went to a bowling birthday party and I thought it would be a fantastic idea to take the kids. Well... they were all excited at first. Maybe their excitement was more than they could handle because they were so eager to bowl for the first time, that they couldn't wait for their turn. At one point, I had all of them on the floor trying to roll their ball down the lane at the same time. It was pretty chaotic. About halfway through, Nic expresses that he was bored. Corey was indifferent, a kind of a "take it or leave it" attitude and DC was trying hard not to be frustrated with her siblings. Lilly needed a nap and Spencer was hungry which always translates into difficulties because he can't just eat anything. Even though I brought our own snacks, the bowling alley had a "No Outside Food Allowed" policy. Needless to say, it was not as fantastic as I had hoped.




However, it wasn't a complete wash because on the way out they found the arcade! Now, that was fun. Sitting on a motorcycle, pretending to drive a race car and the merry go round. AWESOME!



Note to self: The next time you want to take the kids bowling, don't pay $33 to bowl. Just take them to the arcade and let them sit on the games for FREE!

Luke had a great nap during all the excitement.
1 comment:
Love that. Things often don't go how I picture them in my mind.
Post a Comment