Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cilantro and Parsley




Sometimes I go to Lowes just to walk around. I enjoy a leisure stroll up and down the aisles as I fantasize about home improvement projects for the one day home we will have. Yes, we do live in a home now but it's not ours - belongs to someone else. When you reside in someone else's home you are limited to what you can and cannot do when it comes to improving and beautifying the home. For a girl who loves Interior Design and the art of beautifying a home, this can be a torturous situation. I know, make the best of where you are; work with what you have... grow where you are planted... I do... I am! But, a girl still likes to dream of the possibilities because oh, there are so many!

Oh, the pics! I almost forgot. Well, herbs to grow in little pots is what we walked out with one day after a trip to Lowes. Fun activity that the kids LOVED. It was messy of course. Dirt all over my kitchen counter. I didn't think ahead to spread newspaper or anything or some other intelligent Mother-like solution for that anticipated mess. Nope. I just let the kids make a mess. Bit my tongue and promptly cleaned up afterward.

To date, DC is officially in charge of daily watering and conversing with the herbs. The boys placed their herbs in her diligent care. Good thing. They are not quite so attentive when it comes to caring for plants. They must get that from me. DC on the other hand takes after her Grandma C, Grandma Ree and Great- Grandma Mary. She has a green thumb. Good thing. We need one in this house.



No comments: