Monday, April 18, 2011

Eight Before Eight

In an effort to get the children to accomplish certain tasks in the morning I instituted "8B48".

These are their eight responsibilities to complete before 8 a.m.

1. Make their bed
2. Get Dressed
3. Eat Breakfast
4. Drink one cup of Water
5. Brush Teeth
6. Wash Face
7. Set Pajamas out for night time and clothes for tomorrow morning
8. Zone Job - A chore within their zone (area)

It helps me to maintain order in the morning because when the children ask me if they can go outside and play, I ask, "have you completed your 8B48? And if the answer is "no" they understand that they cannot until it is completed. Usually, they get it done quickly because they want to go outside or do whatever they want to do. My children cannot tell time yet so, I do not hold them to the 8 a.m. deadline. However, it is a marker for when they get older and can begin to tell time. It's been pretty handy so far.

3 comments:

Six Boy's Dad said...

That is a great plan. Very familiar to ours. We have 630 things before 06:30. It wears 'em out enough to go to sleep in the evening. Now, we need to implement the 2200 things before 22:00.

Miss you guys.

Nicole said...

Hahaha! I'm all for wearing them out.

wishesUT said...

I love this idea and I might have to steal it and give it a try at our house.