Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Breakfast in Bed and the Pumpkin Parade!

On friday, the kids made me breakfast in Bed.  Daryl made the waffle batter from scratch and Nic made the eggs.  The topping was original too... melted cake frosting... yum!
waffle recipe:

3 eggs
1 C milk
3/4 C butter (softened)
2 C flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
Sugar (we don't measure)
Cinnamon (we don't measure)
Salt (we don't measure)


 "It's Halloween!  It's Halloween!"
I am not into halloween as much as my kids are.  They have been begging me to decorate the house inside and out for HALLOWEEN.  Last night we were supposed to have a Halloween Family Home Evening which consisted of carving pumpkins.  Well, I don't do pumpkins.  It's messy... and somewhat gross.  Needless to say, we did not get to the pumpkin carving Monday night and I was not heartbroken but I did promise the kids that they could carve Tuesday.  And they did... without my assistance.  They used a garden trowel and a few pencils (pretty creative and effective).

(left to right: Daryl, Nic, Corey)

No comments: