Sunday, October 6, 2013

Part Two: Soccer

Daryl had a great season of soccer.  They won their last game of the season.  The score... 10-2 and Daryl scored the first two goals.  Her second goal was a "buzzer beater" just before the end of the first quarter. Which was a personal goal she had for herself that I did not know about.  She did it!  She learned a lot about the game and furthered her skill in another athletic sport.  Her favorite position is striker.  She also did a great job as goalie.  It is a transforming experience to be an athlete and know what it is like to play the game and then be a parent and watch your child be an athlete in the same sport.  I sometimes think, "Is this what my dad felt like watching me play basketball?"  I enjoy attending her games and cheering for her on the sidelines.  "Way to go, Daryl!"  This photo truly defines these two girls with so much personality.  Over the past year, they have done several things together beginning with their baptism last November. Great friends.

No comments: