I have been trying to get a few home projects done. Last week I was on fire... for three days. Monday I painted the living room. It needed a touch up in a few places where I had taped maps to the wall. Yes, I am still taping things to the wall. I really should move out of the college living mentality but seriously, it takes a while to graduate to sophisticated living. Anyway, Tuesday I painted the fireplace.
Before
After
I still need to paint a second coat and paint the brick on the floor.
*****
Stake Conference occurs twice a year and it is held at the stake center in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. We attended the Saturday and Sunday sessions there. On Saturday evening, these two lovely Sister Missionaries were asked to share their testimonies about serving a mission after the announcement of the age lowering requirement. When I served a mission, the age requirement was 19 for young men and 21 for young women. Last October during General Conference, President Thomas S. Monson made the announcement that the age requirement would be lowered to 18 for young men and 19 for young women. Woo Hooo!
I was inspired listening to these two young ladies share their experiences and I was reminded of the fact that I have much to be happy about. I have much to be thankful for. I have been feeling blue as of late. The weather change seems to have more of an effect on me now that we live further north. I have been trying to work through it but it has been a challenge. I am grateful for these ladies who have decided to give 18 months of their life to serve the people in the Halifax, Canada Mission. They are doing a great work. The Sister Missionary on the right shared that she has been wanting to go on a mission since she was a little girl. Her story reminded me of Daryl, who talks about serving a mission too.
It snowed yesterday. The kids were hysterical over it. The got on their snow gear and went out to "play" Spencer has been sick with a little cold and his asthma has flared up so he was enjoying the snow from inside. Every few minutes he would scream,"Mom! Come quick! You have to take a picture! Look at HOW MUCH snow there is now!!!" Here is two of the many pictures I was required to take. Hooray for SNOW!

2 comments:
love it all! Miss you, Nicole! I'd send you a sunny sky if I could. :)
Fireplace looks great.
Love that sisters can go out so much early now. Total game changer!
Post a Comment