Sunday, December 21, 2008

2008 Christmas Ornament


Another Christmas tradition growing up that my mom started was to make a new ornament for the tree each year. Darrel and I have been married for six years and so far we have one ornament! This was a goal that I didn't let slip by for this Christmas season. So, the 2008 Christmas Ornament is...

The Snowman head!

Daryl and Destiny went with me to purchase all of our materials:
Styrofoam balls
Wiggly eyes
red ribbon
red pom poms
gold jingle bells
Holiday wonder foam
paper nut cups (that is what I call them)

It was fun to sit at the table and create a new snowman with each ball, hat and face. The boys were not into it as much but Daryl was right by my side. These are the memories I enjoy. Spending time together. Doing things together. Seeing smiles and hearing laughter. I know that the world is not all right. Even for my own family. I am learning that I have no control over the world or others. But, within my home, on this day, we made memories together and for that day - our world all right. If only every family, mother, father, child, brother, sister, etc, had such an opportunity. The world would be a different place.

No comments: