The events leading up to Thursday, December 11 were nothing less than stressful. Spencer has been on soy formula since 10 months when I stopped nursing him. I had tried a milk-based formula with him but he immediately vomited. Ever since he was born, he has had a rash covering his entire body. I have severe eczema and well, he gets it from me. A few weeks prior to 12/11 Spencer had been throwing up on a more regular and consistent basis - daily, sometimes twice a day. I didn't know what to do. I called the pediatrician, I scheduled an appointment with an allergist and away we went. After the visit with the allergist we discovered that Spencer is allergic to soy, milk, and egg. I sat in the allergist's office and as she was talking to me I started to tear up. It was extremely overwhelming. What do you feed a child that is allergic to Soy, Milk and Egg??? I had several prescriptions when I left the office which included an Epi pen (intimidating) and a daily routine to follow for his skin care.
The good news is - Spencer is not throwing up and his skin has cleared up 100%. I am still stressed trying to adjust to the eating habits of our family. How to manage feeding Spencer a well balanced diet along with my other three children, Darrel and myself.
The allergist also suggested that I refrain from the same products as Spencer due to my pregnancy. The chances of our baby having similar issues is good. This additional stress is because I LOVE food. Over the past 11 days, I have actualy lost a pound or two. Not good for a pregnant lady. The question arises what do you feed a pregnant woman allergic to soy, milk and egg? I haven't been tested yet but I do have an appointment scheduled. Changes and adjustments. So is our life.
No comments:
Post a Comment