
Christmas is my favorite time of year. I would love to celebrate all year long. So the day after Thanksgiving is my day to put up the tree! I remember having a real christmas tree a few years while growing up. I remember reading stories and watching movies of families going to cut down their tree and putting it on top of the family vehicle and carrying it home. I have imprinted that in my mind as a thrill of Christmas. I had made it a goal to have a real evergreen this year but, with all that has been going on it just did not happen. That's okay, we still have an artificial tree and it looks great. I will hold on to my wish and we'll plan for that to happen next season. The kids were excited to put the tree together and they helped as much as possible, actually they did a lot. Usually, I put white lights on the tree but this year I let the kids choose and they chose colored lights. It looks festive and merry!
My dream is to one day have a ten foot tree trimmed and sparkling. If possible, we'll have two trees (that's how particular I am) one for me to decorate and one for the kids to decorate. You can never have too many Christmas Trees! I've been thinking of new family traditions (this one is tree related) and I think it would be worth the trip to see the White House Christmas Tree. We live right here and why not? There is so much fun to be had at this time of year. Christmas is what you make it.
No comments:
Post a Comment