Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Paper Chain Count Down




This idea came from a friend and until I read it on her blog the thought did not cross my mind. Daryl had been asking daily if it was Christmas. I would reply not yet and we would repeat the same conversation the next day. The paper chain has really saved our relationship. We are both happier and more pleasant to be around. I started with 15 days left until Christmas. Next year (ha ha) I'll try to start on December 1. So here is what we have done and will do:

1. Color a Snowman
2. Sing Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
3. Complete the Snowman Maze
4. Go to the Temple Visitor Center
5. Sing the First Noel
6. Go to the Festival of Lights
7. Make treats for a neighbor
8. Make a reindeer door hanger
9. Read a Christmas Story
10. Bake cookies
11. Attend the Ward Christmas Party
12. Sing Frosty The Snowman
13. Play pin the nose on Frosty
14. Drive around the neighborhood to see the Christmas lights
15. Read Luke 2

Another Christmas tradition that I like. I have tried to do an advent calendar but I think this works better for me and the kids.

No comments: