Wednesday, April 22, 2009

5 Random Posts - Part 2



MUSIC TO JAM TO

My top five picks are:

Dora the Explorer - World Traveler
Barney - Mr. Sun
Animal Playground - Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
Jim Gill - Making Noise in Idaho
John McCutcheon - Howjadoo

Now, lets see if I can remember the music I use to listen to before I had kids...

I have a playlist saved that I listen to and hook up the headphones so the kids can't hear. It's my sanctuary at times. I do have some kid songs on there but the majority are for me. Some of my favs are:

Alicia Keys - No One
Black-Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started
Gwen Stefani - Sweet Escape
Natasha Bedingfield - Love Like This
Five for Fighting - 100 Years
OneRepublic - Apologize
Dixie Chicks - Landslide
Rascal Flats - Life Is A Highway
Aerosmith - Crazy
Dru Hill - Beauty Is Her Name
Jordan Sparks - No Air
KC and JoJo - All My Life
Sting - Desert Rose
Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

I love music! My neighbor and I were talking about motherhood. I struggled a great deal after Daryl was born. I had all these expectations for myself, her... for everything and it wasn't all coming together quite as I anticipated. Fourteen months later my twin boys came and I no longer had expectations. Everything went out the window. So, I laid to rest the "Old Nicole". Mourned her loss and discovered the "New Nicole". Once I did that, I was comfortable with who I was and no longer felt guilty or inadequate for not measuring up to my unrealistic standards. The one thing that has remained constant (aside from the gospel) is my love for music. It sets me free. Releases stress, makes me smile, makes me cry, gives me that good feeling inside when I need it and really uplifts my mood.

No comments: