
When Daryl was 12-14 months old she had a fascination with the trash can. Whatever she picked up from any surface would find it's way into the trash can at some point. We lost a lot of items, some important... some not so important before we discovered what was happening.
When Corey and Nicolas were 12-14 months we don't recall them being fascinated with putting things in the trash, just playing with the flip lid. Most of their beginning is a blur to us so maybe they did and we just don't remember.
Well, now we have Spencer. He is almost 17-months old. I have noticed things missing. Sometimes, I remember to check the trash and sometimes I don't. Today, I found:
2 Dora Sippy cups
a sock
a spoon
and a block
Too bad I lost part of my Ikea dinnerware for the kids. I'm pretty sure, Nic's yellow plate and Corey's green fork is somewhere in a landfill.
Today's lesson is, When in doubt, check the trash.
2 comments:
So sad and funny mixed together!!! I am sure we could outfit a few families with diner ware with landfill donations.
I agree, Sahraiya loves to throw things away for me like her diapers, but then there is her sippy cup, her pacifier... the kids toys- if she doesn't try to put them in the toilet first.
Post a Comment