Friday, April 10, 2009

The Latest and Greatest

Our camera is not working so there will not be any recent pics for while.

Darrel and I flew to Maine and found a wonderful house! One more item to cross off my list. It's a comfort to have a real sense of where we will be living for the next little while. I am excited to transform the house into "our" home. For the first time since the beginning of our marriage we have been able to purchase a living room set and dining room set! I'll also get to paint and really exercise my design skills in MY OWN HOME! I can't believe it. I like things a certain way and up until now, our orange 1970's sofa with a make-shift brown slip cover has not inspired me to design anything great in our living space.

The kids have been outside riding their bikes and scooters. It's nice to be out with them. Feel the sun and breathe in the fresh air. I LOVE being outside as much as they do and after a winter season of being indoors, I realize what being outside does for my mood and perspective.

Spencer is walking and has been for over a month. He gets around great and does his best to keep up with his three older siblings. He is starting to wrestle with them even when they are not . It's fun to watch him interact with his sister and brothers. from my perspective, he has graduated from the baby stage and moved on to toddler status. Just in time for the arrival of his little sister.

Nicolas has been repeating phrases that his father has taught him. The other morning I asked him to complete a simple task and he replied, "Okay, Main Man!"

Corey is so sweet. He loves Spencer and I have found him with his arm around him and then giving him a kiss on the cheek. It's so sweet.

Daryl... the princess. She has been sooooo excited for the arrival of her little sister. She prays about her morning, noon and night. I have been unearthing baby girl clothes and sorting them for use. Daryl has decided to go through them as well only to find outfits that she can wear. Yesterday she managed to squeeze into an 18-month dress that looked like a leotard and tutu on her. She even fit into the bloomers to match. It has been fun to watch her enthusiasm and excitement for a sister.

On this note, of sisters... I am so grateful that we are having a girl at this time. I love my sister and I think of the bond that we share that no "best friend", husband, or other can duplicate or replace. I want Daryl and Lilly to have that. Corey, Nic and Spencer will have that special brother bond and Nicolas and Corey share a special twin bond that is unique to them. Family relationships are so important and priceless.



No comments: